|This is the Third boss Of My Spyro fangame (Spyro 7: Ripto's revenge) To learn about this boss, click on the picture|
Most of us know how most kids these days act completely arrogant, rotten, and snotty. And it's not because of today's media (Part of it is because of that though), but it's because their parents are very lazy, over defensive towards their kids, and giving their kids unneeded praise. What I don't like is how kids these days are always given a free pass on everything just because they "don't know better", yes I understand, when your young, you don't behave very well, however that shouldn't give them an excuse the behave that way. Kids should still learn to behave no matter what age they are. Saying that kids shouldn't get it trouble because they don't know better is like saying that Drunk people should't be placed in jail because they unintentionally kill people. They should still be thrown in jail no matter what the circumstances, because they should know better not to kill someone. Same goes with kids, they should be disciplined no matter how old they are. There are many excuses parents use to defend their kids, but there are 5 that bring my blood to a boil. Here are the top 5 worst excuses parents make for their kids.
5. "He's/She's a picky eater": Kids aren't known very well to eat everything that their parents put on their plate, but does that stop parents from making excuses for their kids? If you said yes, you are a grade A imbecile, This particular excuse is used on kids that are introduced to a new food and says they don't like it. This argument is stupid because in the real world, people can't rely on only what they like to eat to survive, because at times it may not be available for survival, so it's best to eat the remaining edible resources. I'm not saying that kids shouldn't be aloud to eat what they like to eat, all I'm saying is that kids can't rely on only what they like, they also need to try new foods to, because only relying on what you like to eat sometimes really isn't that healthy. And in my opinion, it's not Ok to be picky, because in the real world, you're not always going to get what you want, and you're not always going to get choices. This argument is the reason why things like this exist.
Yeah, I'm not surprised the little red f#*%er got his own sandwich cutter thing either
4. "Boys will be boys": Being an equalist myself, this excuse just sickens me, this excuse most likely came from how boys were expected to misbehave and girls were expected to behave. This excuse falls flat because not all boys misbehave, and not all girls behave properly, I should know, I have a little brother that is very kind, and a little sister that misbehaves most of the time. When ever a boy does something stupid or mischievous someone is going to shout out this excuse, And in my opinion, this excuse seems more like an insult than a defense, because your basically saying that all boys misbehave while all girls act all sweet and innocent, and that boys will behave like this no matter what you do. And ultimately, that's not true because it doesn't matter what gender someone is, they will still misbehave if you don't tell them to behave.
3. "I didn't get what I wanted as a kid, so I will give my kids what they want": Oh boo hoo, you didn't get what you wanted as a kid, I'd hate to break it to you, but just like I stated in Number 5, you're not supposed to get everything you want, and you will not always get choices, that's sad, but it's true. And as for giving your kids everything they want, that's not a good idea, because when you give them what they want, good luck following a tsunami of demands from your kids thinking they can get everything they want.
2. "He/She is my little angel, he/she never does anything wrong": This excuse is most commonly used on younger siblings and/or children. This excuse is also used when the older and more experienced kid yells at them when they do something stupid, and what happens after that? The older kid is seen as a spoiled brat, while the actual spoiled brat gets seen as the innocent one. Blaming someone else instead of the actual criminal is the reason why bullies exist. Parents now think that just because they're their "little angels", that automatically means they never do anything wrong. Let me get one thing straight, just because it's your kid, it doesn't mean they are your little angels. And really I don't give a damn how much of a "little angel" your kids are, they still need discipline when they need it most. In fact, when they get older, they most likely won't be the little angels you once claimed they were since you've been giving them so much unneeded praise and over-inflated their ego.
1. "They're just kids": Oh god how I hate this excuse, out of all the excuses any parent would give to their kids, this would have to be the worst. First off, so what if their kids? That doesn't mean that they don't need discipline. I mean, what makes kids anymore special than teenagers or adults, what makes them so special that they don't get disciplined but yet people ages 13 and up get in trouble for doing the exact same things kids do? Does that at all sound fair? No, it doesn't, because your giving someone more rights based on age. Now that's what I call Double Standards. Age doesn't determine behavior or maturity, and overall, you can't just expect someone to get better at something with age. Everything in the world takes practice, you can't get better at something unless you practice
So overall, my point is, stop over-inflating your kid's ego and teach them what's right and what's wrong instead of pulling them out of trouble.